Pre menstrual syndrome
WHAT IS PMS?
PMS is the combination of physical and emotional disturbances that begin after the women ovulates and ends with menstruation.
WHAT CAUSES PMS?
- It is suggested that changing progesterone levels in the second half of the menstrual cycle could account for a women’s mood because progesterone interferes with certain part of the brain that are responsible for relaxation.
- Endorphins are the “ feel good hormones whose normal levels contribute to the cheerfulness and happy mood and its levels drop during the luteal phase.
- Low sugar levels may lead to crying spells or irritability during PMS.
- Low levels of Serotonin – (the chemical that regulates mood and sensitiveness to pain ) can cause depression.
WHAT HAPPENS IN PMS?
- mood disorders: anxiety, nervousness, mood swings, irritability, depression, forgetfulness, confusion, and insomnia.
- Behavior changes: increased appetite, craving for sweets, crying, poor concentration, and sensitivity to noise.
- Physical changes: Headache, fatigue, dizziness, weight gain, bloating, breast tenderness, acne, sleep disturbances.
HOW HOMOEOPATHY CAN HELP?
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed by symptoms rather than conditions, as each case of a particular illness can manifest differently in different people.
However, following are few of our amazing remedies.
- Calcarea carbonica