Progesterone is a key hormone in fertility health.
There are many functions of Progesterone but here are a few important one’s
- maintain a healthy uterine lining ready for implantation
- healthy, normal blood clotting
- an increase in libido around ovulation
- support a developing embryo and fetus through pregnancy
- prevention of immune rejection of the developing fetus
How can one maintain a balance between oestrogen and progesterone.
- Eat natural organic food as much as possible
- Stop refined sugar
- Minimize processed food
- Adequate water intake
- Adequate sleep
- Regular exercise
- Weight management – this is the most challenging part as most of us are exposed to xenohormones from pesticides,herbicides cunsumption of animal products obtained from animals treated with hormones.
large amount of caffine consumption. All these are known to increase the toxic load in our body and contribute towards oestrogen dominance.
One must understand that excess oestrogen is stored in adipose tissue, so being overweight contributes to hormonal imbalance because fat cells are known to change the hormone production by the ovaries.
Oestrogen stored in the fat cell is slowly released in the body.
Following are some of the progesterone boosting foods
potatoes, salmon, tuna, bananas, spinach, walnuts, beef, chicken, sweet potato, beans and prunes.
Homoeopathic management –
There are some specific medicines like vitrex,lepidium meyenni which boost the production of progesterone ,they are very safe but need to be taken under medical supervision.